Are you looking to go out on your own to become an online ESL tutor on a platform such as Cambly, Preply, iTutor etc?
On these platforms, it’s the student who chooses their teacher amongst 100’s of others.
To stand out from all the other teachers, you’ll need a professional profile so the student chooses you!
We’ve got you covered with the Online Tutor Package.
This package includes:
- A Professional ESL Resume (to help you get selected by the company to get listed on their platform)
- A Professional Bio for your teacher profile which can be used on multiple platforms – 100-150 words long
- A Student Introduction Video Script (so students can listen to you speak and you can ‘sell’ yourself effectively so they feel like can connect with you) – 60-90 seconds long
- A Professional LinkedIn Profile (so students can find you when searching for a tutor on LinkedIn)
Your package will be ready for you within 4 business days of us receiving all the required information, so you’ll be ready to go and teaching as soon as possible!
Professional ESL Resume
To get listed as an online tutor on a language learning platform (such as Cambly and iTutor), you’ll need to get approved by them first. And they don’t just take anyone… you’ll need to submit a resume that promotes you as an ESL tutor, and not you in your previous profession!
Now, we find that many people think they have a good resume just because they’ve written it themselves. But in our experience, the vast majority of resumes that we’ve seen make many of the same mistakes. They often have multiple issues that result in their resume being rejected. These include:
- Have a resume that is far too long
- Include details that are not relevant to the ESL industry
- Neglect to include ESL-relevant details or tasks performed in their job history
So, to get the best resume you can try and do it yourself, or you can leave it to the experts.
We have vast experience creating professional ESL-focussed resumes based on your current resume and existing skills and qualifications. Your new resume will highlight your skills, qualifications and relevant experience so you stand out from the hundreds of other applicants.
- Our professional resume writers will create a brand new ESL focused resume for you
- Resume content will be relevant and tailored towards the types of ESL roles you are seeking
- We will ensure the resume design / layout / structure is optimal for ESL recruiters
- Your resume will be optimised to pass through Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Unlimited revisions until you are fully satisfied with your resume
- You will be emailed Microsoft Word and PDF versions of your new resume so you’ll be able to edit it yourself in the future
Your bio will be crucial in showing off your skills, experience and your niche to potential students. We know what students are looking for, and we will provide you with a keyword-rich headline and a 100-150 word introduction of yourself, so the student can get to know you better.
Introduction Video Script
Students will normally watch a short video before choosing their teacher. This is the perfect opportunity for you to show off your skills and connect with potential students.
We’ll make this easy by providing you with a personalised script to follow, and give you hints on how to record the perfect introduction video.
With our help you will look polished and ready to start work!
- Personalised 60-90 second introduction video script for you to add to your tutor profile page
- Hints and tips for recording yourself in the best way to ensure you get as many students as possible
Are you on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is the Worlds #1 platform for professional profiles where job seekers and job recruiters can connect.
Millions of people do searches every day looking for professionals in all types of industries. If you want to be an online tutor, you need to be on LinkedIn. Google also loves LinkedIn, so their pages often appear at the top of search results.
With a well-written profile, potential students (and even recruiters) can contact you and you can direct them to your booking page on your tutoring platform.
ESL recruiters and students actively search LinkedIn for potential online ESL teachers based on their profile. Are you closing the door on potential recruiters just because your LinkedIn profile is out of date and does not convey to them that your main objective is to become an ESL teacher?
You can open the door to more job opportunities with an ESL-focussed LinkedIn profile created by Just ESL Resumes!
Your LinkedIn profile will include:
- A banner image that gets displayed at the top of your profile
- A keyword-rich headline that grabs the students/recruiters attention
- A description of your experience, education, niches, strengths and how you can help people improve their English